Sean,

The way I do it (and this may not be the best way) is to use RPC to
send the user requests to the server. Then, I store the request data
in a table on the server, generating a unique id for that data. The
unique id is returned to the user via the RPC callback. Then, a new
window is opened with the url set to the servlet address and the
unique id as the token in the url. In the servlet, I use that token to
look up the request data, build the PDF, delete the request data, and
return the PDF. This method allows me to send as much data as I want
via RPC and then I only need to send a single parameter with the url
to the servlet.

HTH,
Chad Bourque
www.milamade.com