Thanks Didier, I already did exactly that and it appears my problem is
with the gwt-canvas library I recently added.  IE is saying my problem
is here:

function
gwt_canvas_client_CanvasImpl_$init__Lgwt_canvas_client_CanvasImpl_2Lgwt_canvas_client_Canvas_2V(this$static,
canvas){
  this$static.gwt_canvas_client_CanvasImpl_element =
canvas.com_google_gwt_user_client_ui_UIObject_element;
  this$static.gwt_canvas_client_CanvasImpl_context =
this$static.gwt_canvas_client_CanvasImpl_element.getContext($intern_1342);
}

On the second line of that function.  The gwt-canvas author has made
demos that work with IE8 that I've tested but it doesn't seem to be
working for me.  I doubt you'll know what is going on here, but in
case you do, or have any suggestion, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks!