In building very simple "learning application" using GWT-RPC and then
RequestFactory, I was wondering whether it was possible to expose the
methods that are in my RequestContext interface (in the RequestFactory-
based app).  In particular, I have:

public interface CommitmentRequest extends RequestContext {
  // bunch of useful methods
}

These methods are obviously what my GWT client side needs to get the
job done.  But now let's say I want some other type of client to
access the same functionality that is provided by the "engine" (GWT
server side).  Perhaps an iPhone client or an Android client, or some
other application (Java, .Net, something else) wants to use my
engine's capabilities.

Is there some way to "expose" the methods in CommitmentRequest so that
they can used from those other clients?  It seems to me that this
would not be an uncommon request.

I have started looking at the RESTlet project - but didn't want to go
too far in case I was going in the wrong direction.

Thanks so much for any guidance you can provide!
RB

PS - If it matters, I was also planning on hosting this on GAE and am
using Objectify for persistence.