thank you Thomas. Before trying the new service layer, I have looked
this thread,
http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_thread/thread/846564e9fc303be0,
to understand how it works. I have pasted my code here.
http://paste.pocoo.org/show/310712/.
It must be a mis-declaration of your service method (stub and/or
implementation) or a mis-implementation of your ServiceLocator.
Probably is a mis-implementation of my ServiceLocator, but I am not
sure.
As far as I can see, the problem with the persist method is this:
When the new request for persist is created as following example,
Request<Void> createReq = request.persist().using(EntityObject);
it gets as parameter the EntityObject. Then request factory, tries to
persist the object, but when it invokes the persist method, it assumes
that the object which owns the method is the entity object, as it used
to, before the use of the service layer. But now it is different,
because the object that owns the method is the service object. I have
somehow inform the ServiceLayerDecorator about this change. Maybe I
could do that through servicelocator, but I haven' t understand fully
how the request factory manages to "RequestFactory sends diffs on the
wire (client-to-server)" as you have said before, in the thread that
you mention.