I don't think there is any advantage to having everything in a single file.
In fact it sort of goes against the grain of Java development if you think
about it. At least that's the way I see it. Besides, complex composites
might use composition, using other widgets and composits. Surely these can't
be all in the same file also.

Regarding MVP, no, I don't really use it but I do use parts of its
supporting infrastructure such as GWTEvents, the SimpleEventBus, etc. I also
pay close attention to widget lifecycles which is critical to successful
implementations of widgets that get attached, detached and reattached and so
on and so on.

I guess I just haven't been won over by MVP yet. I find most of the MVP
frameworks I've looked at quite verbose and way too complex for something
that needn't be. Most of what I have seen seems to be code that should
really be hidden deep in the bowels of a framework's internal packaging and
not exposed as a public api. I want to write applications and right now I
just don't see how MVP can make that any easier for me.

Jeff

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM, zixzigma <zixzi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was thinking pure Java code might have been better,
> because everything would be encapsulated in single file, and
> properties can be set programmatically.
>
> when developing re-usable components with UiBinder,
> do you find yourself using MVP ?
>
> for example having a
> - Wdiget Interface
> - WidgetImpl java code