Me again, there doesn't seem to be much interest in generating
reusable javascript widgets with GWT. If there is let me know, I'll
try to write something about my (painful) experience on this subject.
Anyway, I am now stuck on passing a Map argument to my widget. I use
MapWidget in GWT and the Maps API v2 in the javascript part. I get a
Class cast exception. I am unsure whether or not MapWidget is the
right class to use.
The function specific JSNI:

  private static native void registerPlayMapFunctions(JavaScriptObject
jso) /*-{
                jso.play = function(map) {
                  return
this.gwt_widg...@com.metaaps.webapps.gwt.playmap.client.PlayMap::play(Lcom/
google/gwt/maps/client/MapWidget;)(map);
                }
  }-*/;
The javascript:
        var map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("map_canvas"));
        var playMap = new PlayMap();
        playMap.play(map);

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,