Er, limit to the port your server listens on (8888 by default for the
DevMode, 80 as the default for HTTP) and use an HTTP dissector? (requires
specific configuration if not on port 80:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChCustProtocolDissectionSection.html#ChAdvDecodeAsFig
 )

I haven't used Wireshark a whole lot, but that was enough for me. I never
used the "follow TCP stream" so I can't tell.

That being said, Firebug and similar tools, or Fiddler2 (Windows only) have
always worked well for me (bonus point for Fiddler2 which can also work if
your server requires HTTPS)