I have written (and am still working on) writing a simple base
application which sets up and demonstrates the majority of GWT's new
and recommended technologies. This is actually my first foray into GWT
and instead of starting simple and integrating these technologies one-
by-one I wanted to do all of the integration and configuration first.
Having a solid foundation on which to build an app should allow myself
and other users the ability dive right in to development and learn
these technologies by following the existing example within the
application.

I'm looking for feedback on the implementation of all of these
technologies. I have done my best to follow tutorials from the GWT
website and suggestions from StackOverflow answers but there is still
a few spots on which I am unsure that my usage is proper. Here are
some issues on which I am looking for review:
 * The MVP pattern (more specifically the activities and views) seems
like it would be over-eager in instantiating resources due to their
injections.
 * RequestFactory and Editor tie-in. I have put the Driver in the view
and the RequestFactory interaction in the activity which seemed most
logical. Documentation on the interaction of these two features is
scarce so I am not sure if it's being leveraged properly.

Some things I wouldn't mind some assistance on implementing:
 * Testing setup. Both with traditional JUnit tests for the server-
side code and the GWT JUnit tests for client-side code.
 * Logging. Both traditional server-side and proper client side
through Guice/Gin injection.
 * Mobile application. I followed a tutorial somewhere which set up
injection of the application itself on the client which allows you to
feed a desktop and mobile application through the same code.
Unfortunately I do not remember where the tutorial was nor how to
detect or inject the mobile version.

Any general thoughts or additional suggestions are also welcome. I'm
looking to make this be useful for as many people as possible to ease
the time required to get started with GWT.

You can find the project on GitHub here: http://github.com/JakeWharton/GwtBase/

If you would like to contribute code, please fork the project and
submit pull requests for your features. Check the project's issues for
features that need implemented or add an issue of your own. Though it
is not preferred, if you want to send patches or reply with diffs I
will also accept those.