Thank You,
I agree with the delete part of it.
Thank you for pointing that out.

so with delete now out of the picture,
lets consider the first two steps when testing whether inserting a
record succeeds
1- inserting a record
2- verifying it is inserted

this would require two calls on RequestFactory (persist/find)
and if the insert takes longer time, the second call would fail

so what to do in this particular case ?

and regarding your comment,
am I understanding you correctly on this:
lets say I would like to find a Range of Records
List<EmployeeProxy> findEmployees(int start, int length)

you are suggesting that I insert X number of records in setUp method
of the test,
(like pre-condition of the test) and only test the findEmployees to
test whether I can retrieve that range.
and in tearDown method, do the cleaning up. in other words,
findEmployees should only Find the Employees,
and data preparation should be dealt with elsewhere.
am I understanding you correctly ?

Thank You