Sorry for the thread bump:

So I was thinking a little bit more about this problem.

Both GIN and deferred binding respectively allow for customization of the
widget's datasource during compile time.
With gin I have a litte bit more flexibility (creating factory, singleton,
etc)? For my personal taste the nicer/cleaner approach seems to be to use
deferred binding to configure it.

Is it actually possible to allow both? Configuration by either deferred
binding or gin?
And I still don't know how to solve the problem wiith the non-default
constructor with either gin or deferred binding. In case of gin I might use
a Factory but I am not sure if there is not a better approach.

thanks in advance

Uemit