Hi all,

I'm considering using GWT for a rewrite of an old (very large and
quite complex) corporate application.  One of our main requirements is
to support native encodings (other than UTF-8) for data input by the
users.  I know, why wouldn't I use UTF-8, right?  In short, this data
is to be sent to/between banks and they require it a native encoding.
I have to support the following character encodings:  iso-8859-1,
iso-8859-2, iso-8859-9, Shift_JIS, GB18030, windows-874, windows-1251,
windows-1258, EUC-KR, Big5.

The current solution is to simply encode the applications pages in the
native encoding, and then any data sent up is encoded properly.  All
of the GWT tutorials/examples/etc seem to suggest that the GWT host
page be encoded in UTF-8, but nothing specifically states that this is
required.

So, my question is - can I encode GWT pages in any encoding or must it
be in UTF-8 ?