But will it then be possible to make in each module a gwt-rpc-call
which checks, if the user is logged-in?

Yes, is possible.

Will the Session be the same, or will each call (from different
modules) deliver a different session-id?

I handle this with Spring security, is transparent. If you don't use Spring
security search other threads that explain this.

And what happens, if the users browser has cookies disabled? Is there
a way to rewrite the url like in JSP or Servlets?

I handle this with Spring security, is transparent.

Juan