Hi,

Are you sure the textarea contains the good id attribute ?
Are you sure to enter the if statement ?

You don't have to use JSNI to update the textarea. Use instead :

Element element = Document.get().getElementById(fieldId);
if (element != null) {
    GWT.log("found element with id:" + fieldId);
    TextAreaElement textfield = element.cast();
    textfield.setValue(newValue);
}

Alexandre