Why are you try to get this from native javascript.

Try to implement this, using gwt objects.

You can insert gwt-map js from the normal view, not from EntryPoint.
Here code example:

        public MapRootView() {
                Maps.loadMapsApi("", "2", false, new Runnable() {

                        @Override
                        public void run() {
                                isApiLoaded = true;
                        }

                });
        }

Next method will be called only when this view will be requested.
        @Override
        public void createView() {
                initWidget(uiBinder.createAndBindUi(this));
                // TODO add some perfect loading stub
                // timer is used because of asynchronous library loaded
                Timer apiLoadedTimer = new Timer() {

                        @Override
                        public void run() {
                                // when api loaded just create and add map to
the page.
                                if (isApiLoaded) {
                                        createMapWidget();
                                        mapHolder.setSize("100%", "300px"); //
this is very important
that height must be specified (parent div)
                                        mapHolder.add(mapWidget);

                                        cancel();

                };

                apiLoadedTimer.scheduleRepeating(1000);

        }

For now, you can do whatever you want, because you have mapWidget,
LatLong objects, etc.

       private void createMapWidget() {
                LatLng kievCity = LatLng.newInstance(50, 30); // Kiev city (I
hope,
sarcasm) will be the center
                mapWidget = new MapWidget(kievCity, 12); // initialize a widget
                mapWidget.setSize("100%", "100%"); // set size for map
                mapWidget.addControl(new LargeMapControl()); // add a control
for
map
                mapWidget.getBounds(); // return you a bounds of currently
showing
picture
        }

Don't forget about timer - google-map-js loads asynchronously.