I can't speak to the CXF issue but I use many JAXB generated objects
across GWT-RPC . The solution I used is detailed here: http://goo.gl/VK2JY
which strictly deals with JAXB annotations (extracting the annotations
into a separate jar).

If for some reason that doesn't suffice I've also had excellent luck
with http://dozer.sourceforge.net/ for translating to DTOs.