Hi,

Is it somehow possible to disable URL changes when switching between places
so that the browsers back/forward buttons keep disabled?

I asks this because I have an app that does not use Places/Activities yet
but I now have a use case where an anchor/link has to change its url
according to "where you are" in the app (basically its a "show help" link).
So I thought I could use the Places Framework to define Places and have them
stored the information needed to generate the correct link url.

But I do not want to change the actual UI based on the place. So for now no
app rewrite to use Activities/ActivityMapper etc. But because I do not want
to change the UI based on the Place, each time the the user switches between
places the browsers back/forward buttons will be active and a user could
change the generated link url by clicking the back/forward button (because
the UI stays the same the link url can become wrong based on what the user
sees).

So can I somehow deactivate the change of place history tokens in the
browser's location bar?

Of course I could create my own event and send it to through the eventbus
but as I want to use Activities in the future I thought it would be nice to
integrate Places now and add the Activities stuff later.

-- J.