My Google AppEngine+GWT application has grown so large that the
generated GWT .symbolMap files are now 11mb to 12mb in size.
Unfortunately, AppEngine supports a maximum file size of up to 10MB,
and refuses to let me deploy the my app to the GAE servers.

I understand that the .symbolMap files are mainly used to deobfuscate
stack traces and I can optionally do without them (sacrificing
readable stack traces). My question is, how do I prevent the GWT
compiler from generating these .symbolMap files?