I went one step further and deleted both my Eclipse & Workspace dirs
then reinstalled
with no luck..

@cri, I think I had the same problem as you when I first upgraded to
2.3, but
my brute force reinstall of eclipse fixed it. This problem only came
in with the
latest 5/9 release. What GPE version do you have, I have
2.3.1.r36v201105092302

This may be a Mac only issue since there is a different issue if I
allow my Mac
to upgrade to the latest JVM..

Is there a link where we can download previous releases, this was
working fine
with the 2.3.0.r36V201104261928 version.

-John G