Right now in our project, we have below mentioned structure. Our
project is mainly using GWT & Spring framework.

1 com.customername.projectname.client.module name

2 com.customername.projectname.client.rpc.module name

3 com.customername.projectname.shared.validator.module name

4 com.customername.projectname.server.module name

5 com.customername.projectname.spring.dao.module name

6 com.customername.projectname.spring.service.module name

Our application.gwt.xml contains below entry for source which needs to
be coverted in to java script.

source path='client' source path='shared'

As we are using spring @ the server side, we are using spring
annotation to mark the services and DAO and then in
applicationContext.xml we are using below configuration to scan the
DAO and Service Layer.

context:annotation-config
context:component-scan base-package

Now our client wants to go with below mentioned structure. Grouping
everything by module. Also in our case module is not GWT module. It is
just like diff. parts of the application.

1 com.customername.projectname.modulename.client

2 com.customername.projectname.modulename.rpc

3 com.customername.projectname.Modulename.validator

4 com.customername.projectname.Modulename.server

5 com.customername.projectname.Modulename.spring.dao

6 com.customername.projectname.Modulename.spring.Service

My question is:

1 Is the upper approach is recommended considering it is very large
application

2 If the above approach is to be implemented , how to go about setting
up the packages/source files which needs to be converted by gwt
compiler from java to java script. Should I mention each module name
in application.gwt.xml?