As far as I know there isn't anything else you can do, except for the
official google ajax solution you mentioned:
http://code.google.com/web/ajaxcrawling/docs/getting-started.html

I'd be very interested in this, too;)

Also I'm thinking:
If I provide very simple html pages of the GWT content for googlebot. But
then I want the users to see the fancy GWT webpages. Is it allowed to do sth
like this on all the simple HTML pages:
<script>window.location = 'fancy-gwt-redirect-for-browser';</script>
??
Since the script tag get's delivered to googlebot, too, this souldn't be
cloaking?? And googlebot can see the content while users still get to see
the real and more advanced website.
Or another problem might be that googlebot could follow this simple redirect
even without interpreting JavaScript, ending up on an empty page and we have
the initial problem again.
Does anyone have any inside knowledge on this?

Thanks