I use an object called ApplicationModel, that is passed to every presenter
on creation.  It stores application state, as its name might suggest.  It
also fires off events whenever any of the presenters modifies one of its
values, which helps keep the application in sync.  Things like user roles
and what the user has currently selected are stored in there.

I should also mention that the ApplicationModel is actually handed off to
the presenter as part of an ApplicationBundle, which is basically just a
parameter object.  It holds the model, the ApplicationNavigationControl,
ApplicationEventBus, ApplicationFactory, etc.  Wrapping it all up in the
parameter object makes it really easy to add new application-wide bits.

-Ben