hi,

after trying different things, I found one that is working :

public native void updatePattern() /*-{
          if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().contains("msie")) {
                 var f = $wnd.frames['oldWebFrame'];
                 f.updateRotatePattern();
           } else {
               var iframe = $doc.frames ? $doc.frames['oldWebFrame'] :
$doc.getElementById('oldWebFrame');
               var ifWin = iframe.contentWindow || iframe;
               ifWin.updateRotatePattern();
           }
 }-*/;