If you have the symbol manifest you could recover a decent amount of
information. Though, the only hooks for that are for deobfuscating
individual stack traces on the server.

If I understand your situation correctly, it's as if someone handed you a
compiled object file with debugging symbols stripped, and now they are
asking you to write new code on top of that. If you have the symbol
manifest, then it's closer to an unstripped object file.

The short answer: unless you can get access to the original source, a
rewrite is probably in order.