We've seen very little interest in GWT-Roo integration on this forum. It
seems that most folks want to use GWT RequestFactory and Activities & Places
without code generation, so we've chosen to prioritize effort around making
that easier (for example, ServiceLocators and issues 5807, 6234 make it
possible to inherit generic service methods vs. generate them).

Technically, GWT-Roo integration is structured as a Roo add-on so Spring
needs to be at least involved in any further work.

Are you just wanting to kick the tires or have you already adopted Roo and
have a really strong use case for GWT integration also?

/dmc

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Aza Tek <azat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wonderful, wonderful question Amit. I'm all ears for a genuine answer on
> this one (NOT the usual "This is a springsource-team problem", when it's
> clearly so important to GWT).
>
> Thanks
>

> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Amit <a.b.kleinm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Google I/O 2010, the VMware- Spring Roo tool was demonstrated. It
>> shows how one can quickly build a simple GWT application, where Roo
>> got only small and simple input and generated the entire code. A year
>> later, in one of the sessions of Google I/O 2011, a question was asked
>> regarding the collaboration of Google with VMware and the future of
>> Roo and its GWT plugin, however this time no real answer was given.
>> I wonder what is the status of Roo and the GWT plug-in from your eyes,
>> is it going to be a tool ready for production (for real applications
>> rather than demo only).
>> Also what is the reccomended way for integration of GWT with the cloud
>> for an entrprise application - e.g., is there any intention to provide
>> integration with the VMware spring V-Fabric products?
>> What is the future of GAE in that sense given the following report
>> http://gigaom.com/cloud/can-google-app-engine-compete-in-the-enterprise
>>
>> Waiting for your comments,
>>
>> Amit Kleinmann
>>
>> --
>>

>  --

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit
w: http://code.google.com/
b: http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/
t: @googledevtools