Thanks for the reply Rob. I did try the piece of code you have pasted
even previously but it did not work. Even a simple rule like a color
change or a bg-color change within all the parenthesis don't work.
This technique doesn't work if I put it in the ui.xml nor does it work
in a .css file referred as a CSSResource interface. Again, the
examples online are incomplete. If possible, please share a working
example. Thank you again!

Vikram