As a moderator of this group, I reject almost a dozen job postings per day.
Several per week actually relate to GWT, but even so are inconsistent with
this forum's mission. However, I approved Jeff Burnham's post because I
think there is some benefit in this discussion.

The GWT team doesn't feel that it's our place to maintain a GWT jobs forum;
however, if the community wants to take this on, we'll certainly be glad to
help promote it. Also, if there are things you want recruiters to know, I'll
be happy to write up a sticky post with info for recruiters (as well as a
restatement of the job postings ban on this forum).

In the mean time, if you're a GWT consultant looking for work, here's some
advice I can offer as a former consultant.

1. The best jobs are those that find you, so make yourself findable. Write a
GWT blog. Put "GWT developer" in your Google+ and LinkedIn profiles with a
link to your Google Groups profile so recruiters can see how often you post
on this group. Also put "GWT consulting" or something more descriptive in
your signature so it shows up in every post on this group. Good recruiters
know how to search Google Groups and StackOverflow to find the real experts.

2. Give a GWT talk at your local JUG or GTUG. Recruiters often frequent the
larger JUGs and if you're giving the talk, you're their expert.

3. Get your resume in the database of every credible technical staffing shop
you can find. Apply for every GWT job. Even if it's slightly over/under your
abilities, that will get you in the recruiter's resume database. Put a link
to your online profiles in your resume so they can read your blog, see how
long you've been posting on this group, etc.

4. Post your resume in the various online job services like Dice and
Monster. Don't just search for jobs--make yourself searchable. Many jobs are
never posted--the recruiters search the online databases and contact you
directly. Also make sure you update your resume in these services every
couple months as recruiters tend to look for recent updates.

Again, let me know where you want me to direct GWT job postings, and I'll be
happy to help out.

/dmc

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:07 AM, A. Stevko <andy.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Without an appropriate alternative, I personally would like to encourage
> GWT job openings/availability to be posted here.
> Not job spam but GWT jobs.
>

> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Hilco Wijbenga
> <hilco.wijbe...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 10 July 2011 17:35, Jeff <jeffrey.burn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > However, your negative response was quite unnecessary when the link
>> alone
>> > would do. Thanks for that by the way.
>>
>> Clearly he was being sarcastic. He was actually agreeing with your
>> posting here since there is currently no real alternative.
>>
>> > </end_discussion>
>>
>> Nice one. Sort of like a double negative, though, don't you think? :-)
>> That should probably be </discussion>. ;-)
>>
>> --

> -- A. Stevko
> "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." M.
> Andretti
>

>  --

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, GWT+GAE