I have seen this also.  Do you have a proxy server on your netwrok?
Try this, when you are building, unplug your network cable and see if
it takes off.

If it does, go to Window/preference/general/network connection.
Switch to manual
add the http and https host and ports, manual and true, user and
password

here is the key, proxy bypass for localhost and 127.0.0.1 (your loop
back address)

Hope this helps!