Chris,
Thanks again for your pointers, they have been very helpful. Following
your advice I believe I managed to set up the proper configuration and
I feel I am very close to succeeding. So far I am simply trying to
test the set up by sending a message from the main module to the
worker, and have the worker send back the message then display it in
an alert window. As I attempt to do so with postMessage() methods I
run into an error I cannot seem to correct:

("worker bootstrap error" : "alert not defined" )

Do you have any idea what that error could be ? I have the error
whether i use simple strings or JSON objects in postMessage. I have
ran a couple searches and looked into the wc3 specs but to no avail.
Thank you.