java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: [Lcom/mycompany/myproject/data/FooDataClass;
is not the same
ClassNotFoundException<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1457863/what-is-the-difference-between-noclassdeffounderror-and-classnotfoundexception>,
so perhaps you have a dependency or is not serializable or instanciable in
runtime.

Is serializable? have final fields? have a default constructor?