On 27 July 2011 08:48, david.herv...@gmail.com <david.herv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Even if multithreaded my implementation is (normally)  done.
> I really don't know why they have used such a mecanism...
> There may be a use case I'm missing
>
> On 27 juil, 17:28, Sixin Zhang <sixin.zh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i feel alike, all new registrations are delayed until the end of
>> firing (depth=0) .. so nothing will happen if firing those new events
>> before the end ..
>> depth behaves like a lock for concurrency, but not really necessary
>> for single-thread JavaScript ..

I'd like to add my "+1" ... I just finished a major debugging session.
Everything was working correctly but the event handlers were not
receiving the event they had signed up for. Because of firingDepth
(which was >0 because of a PlaceChange event). It's really insidious
because all code is correct and working in the right order and context
... but the event handlers don't respond to events.

I would think that either both handler registration *and* event firing
is deferred or neither. The current situation seems a strange
combination where event handler registration is deferred but event
firing is not.

I'm wondering now whether I should implement my own EventBus (using
David's patch e.g.) or if I am simply using events incorrectly?