Hey,

can't help you with your specific problem, sorry.
But have you ever tried the"-noserver" option? This way I'm developing
with nearly the same setup than the productive machine has. I don't
know if you mean that in your first post where you're saying that you
can not get remote deployment working.

This way you would be able to debug the code on client side and the
server side with a glassfish server.

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.html

my settings (in intellij though) are:
-noserver -port 8080 -bindAddress 0.0.0.0 (as dev mode parameters)

Regards,
Alex