On 08/29/2011 09:38 AM, Kevin Courtney wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As a followup, I'm having a heck of a time trying to find an example
> and figure out the syntax and values for the properties to set.
>
> I've tried this:
>
>         DivElement divIntroPageElement =
>             DivElement.as(Document.get().getElementById("introPage"));
>
>         //divIntroPageElement.setPropertyString("visibility",
> "hidden");
>         //divIntroPageElement.setPropertyString("display", "none");
>         divIntroPageElement.setPropertyString("style.display",
> "none");
>
> ...and none of them work.
>
> Do any of you any of you have any insights on what I should pass to
> the setPropertyString method (assuming that is the method I should be
> using).?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Try wrapping the DIV in an HTML tag and using setVisible
See

http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/latest/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/HTML.html#wrap%28com.google.gwt.dom.client.Element%29

So, it would be

HTML.wrap(Document.get().getElementById("theId")).setVisible(false);

To reiterate, this probably is not what you really want to be doing.