Those changes to AbstractCellTable were just committed within the last
couple of weeks and has been going under some pretty heavy changes. They
usually like to let things like that bake for a while before actually
releasing them.

That being said, there is no reason to not use a version of trunk. Google
does it for all their products and Ray Ryan said in this year's Fireside
Chat that he would develop from a version of trunk and not wait for official
releases. We're doing just that where I work, I'm in the process of
upgrading my company to a pull of trunk from last week mainly for the exact
reasons you specify the table and header builders.