On 09/29/2011 12:41 PM, Laura Bickle wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> I tried using curl.  It showed my angle brackets as > and < but I
> don't think that matters to my code because it looks right in the print
> statements.
>
> I don't think my xml is actually malformed because, when I include the
> xml file directly in the archive, my gwt client parses it without problem.
>
> Thank you for suggesting xmllint.  I hadn't heard of it before.  I'll
> try it and see if it provides any clues.
>
> Thanks again for your help

xmllint doesn't complain, and neither does Emacs' nXML mode.

So, the problem is the way the data are sent to the client from the server.

Someone else asked, maybe I missed the answer: what is the document's
MIME type?

Also, did you try another browser? For example, I noticed that IE had
problems with one of my documents when FF did not.