On 10/05/2011 10:26 AM, scott.ellswo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Howdy, all,
>
> Is anyone using webstorage or indexedDB client side data storage with
> GWT?  Pointers to projects appreciated...

See
http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/latest/com/google/gwt/storage/client/Storage.html

You can see an example at
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-sked/source/browse/trunk/%20gwt-sked%20--username%20jchimene%40gmail.com/Sked/src/com/systasis/sked/client/model/SkedStorage.java

> Aside:
>
> I note that the WebStorage group reached an impasse and stopped
> supporting the spec last fall.

Could you provide a pointer to this? I'd heard something about it, but I
was under the impression that it was resolved by moving to a separate
spec from the HTML 5 spec.

> I note further that http://www.w3.org/TR/IndexedDB/ seems to be alive
> and kicking, but a brief reading seemed to indicate that this is a
> great system for key-object mappings, but not so great for the generic
> sql case of "select rows from foo where name is blah group by this
> order by that" kind of queries.  ( might be wrong - section 3.1.3 keys
> can be DOMStrings.  Since can supply a keyrange to an index, you may
> be able to generate the kind of selects I am used to, as long as you
> can generate an index such that the result of that query would be
> expressable as either indexkey==foo or low < indexkey < hig.
>
> Aside aside, does anyone have real world experience?  I do not mind if
> the results only work on Chrome/FF/Safari, but IE would also be cool.

The GWT storage API works for me in IE9. As usual, YMMV.