If I do #1, the styles appear in all the pages (in the entire
module).  The app has several views and each view has its own UIBinder
file (.ui.xml).  In the one specific view that I want additional CSS I
added:

<ui:style src="extracss.css"/>

When I run the app and look at the view, the styles work.

BUT, when I look at the CSS using Firebug, the styles defined in
extracss.css are in all the pages in the app.  It is like adding the
<ui:style> in one .ui.xml caused GWT to include it in all pages.

I can try #2.