I am a complete beginner with GWT and web development generally and I
trying to build a GWT app using baby steps so I can understand each
step. I have created a tiny app that simply as a styled layout panel
in the RootPanel. My code in onModuleLoad is:

        public void onModuleLoad() {
                LayoutPanel p = new LayoutPanel();
                p.setStylePrimaryName("appbackground");
                RootLayoutPanel.get().add(p);
                p.setVisible(true);
        }

and I have the following entry in the application style sheet:

appbackground {
background-image: url   (WEB-INF/images/background.jpg);
width: 80%; height: 80%; border: 10px,solid,red;
}

My problem is that I do not see any evidence of the styling in the
displayed web page. I have verified that the onModuleLoad() method is
being called. Can anyone spot what I  could be doing wrong:

Jonathan Gossage