Hi y'all!

Just a few quick questions.

Background:
We have a GWT app running on multiple touch-screen interfaces which need to
stay up to date with each other.
Currently we make scheduled callbacks to update the apps when they are
idle, but some kind of Push technology would be preferable.
We are not using app engine, instead we have our own tomcat 7 server which
we deploy the application to.
We are using RemoteService interfaces to do standard async callbacks to
RemoteServiceServlet implementations.
The touch-screens are all running the latest Firefox release (currently
9.0.1).
We have held off dealing with Push, confident that GWT soon would include
it natively, but now GWT seems to only focus on app engine from what I can
tell.

Questions:
1. What is your (currently) recommended way of dealing with Push in GWT? Is
it still http://code.google.com/p/gwt-comet/ (or is it abandoned)?
2. Do you know if maybe GWT soon will include a simple Push technology for
servers other than app engine?
3. If you have your own implementation, and it is stable and easy to run in
a GWT app, would you mind sharing it?

Kind regards!
Stefan