Hi,

I have been spending now 5 days trying to track down memory leaks in my big
GWT application.

I noticed that every time I call a JSONP service that I am leaking (size
depends on the data received from that service).
I also noticed that when I put GWT in an IFrame and remove that IFrame
there is a big leak as well. GWT does not seem to ever cleanup its expandos
when the IFrame is being disposed - I assume that that results in a ref
cycle between JS and the DOM ?

I tried many workarounds I found on the internet but it just keeps on
leaking.

It seems that the JSONP leak is well know since bugs have been reported on
jQuery and Dojo at a certain point in time and some blogs have been written
about this as well. But the strange thing is: I tried these workarounds
(using a garbage bin in IE, clearing attributes, ... etc) but the problems
remains. In my application I lose upto 10 MB per iteration which makes the
memory footprint grow very quickly to 500MB or more, which is not really
acceptable. So is there something specific to GWT that keeps a ref to the
script and its contents ?

It leaks both on IE8 and FireFox 10 (I don't have access to other browser
from my dev machine).
Reloading the root page does not clear all the memory. I tried using tools
like sIEve but that one gave me no results ... no leaks except the __
expando fields that GWT applications install.

Anybody have some extra ideas I might try out to solve this issue ? Is
there some shutdown method available that I could start in the IFrame to
make GWT detach completely from the DOM ?

David