On Wednesday, April 4, 2012 5:49:40 PM UTC+2, otth2oskier wrote:

> I get the following message when I do a Maven compile of my project. I
> suspect it is looking for a gwt.xml file for RequestFactory somewhere
> but i snot finding it. I am not sure what dependencies I am missing.
>
> Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:
> 2.4.0:compile (default) on project GWTPrototype: GWT Module
> com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.RequestFactory not found in
> project sources or resources.
>
> my Project gwt.xml
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 2.4.0//
> EN" "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/2.4.0/distro-
> source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd<http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/2.4.0/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd>">
>

> <module>
>         <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.User" />
>         <inherits
> name='com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.RequestFactory' />
>         <source path="client" />
>         <source path="shared" />
>
>         <set-property name="user.agent" value="safari" />
>         <entry-point class='com.avaya.gwtproto.client.GWTPrototype' />
> </module>
>
> Here are my maven dependencies:
>
>         <dependencies>
>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>org.hibernate.javax.persistence</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>hibernate-jpa-2.0-api</artifactId>
>                         <version>1.0.1.Final</version>
>                 </dependency>
>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>gwt-servlet</artifactId>
>                         <version>2.4.0</version>
>                 </dependency>
>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>hibernate-validator</artifactId>
>                         <version>4.3.0.Alpha1</version>
>                 </dependency>
>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>com.google.web.bindery</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>requestfactory-server</artifactId>
>                         <version>2.4.0</version>
>                 </dependency>

gwt-servlet contains the classes from requestfactory-server, so you don't
need that one (or gwt-servlet, depends if you use something else than
RequestFactory on the server-side or not).

>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>com.google.web.bindery</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>requestfactory-server</artifactId>
>                         <version>2.4.0</version>
>                         <classifier>sources</classifier>
>                 </dependency>

You don't need it (particularly if you keep the default <scope>!)

>         </dependencies>

Where's gwt-user?
Add it with <scope>provided</scope> so as to not deploy it into your WAR.

> Maven plugin configuration:
>

>                         <plugin>
>                                 <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>                                 <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>                                 <version>2.4.0</version>

Latest version is 2.4.0-1.

>                                 <executions>
>                                         <execution>
>                                                 <goals>
>                                                         <goal>compile</goal>
>
>                                                         <goal>test</goal>
>                                                 </goals>
>                                         </execution>
>                                 </executions>
>                                 <configuration>
>                                         <runTarget>index.html</runTarget>
>
> <module>com.avaya.gwtproto.GWTPrototype</module>
>
>                                         <compileSourcesArtifacts>
>
> <compileSourcesArtifact>com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory</
>
> compileSourcesArtifact>
>                                         </compileSourcesArtifacts>

Remove the compileSourcesArtifacts (plus: the value you give here is not an
artifact's identifier; see the very end of
http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/user-guide/project.html)