Thanks for the prompt reply. I've been experimenting with gwt for a
little while and due to time constrains I'd rather not try
other tools, but thanks for the suggestion.

I have another question (excuse my little experience with web
application), I'd like to know how the a Servlet on the server-side
can efficiently keep track of all connected clients since in my
application, for each connected client the Servlet will instantiate a
regular Java object with its own state for each client. Basically each
client will interact with its own object through the Servlet.

I know this is a bit of an overhead, but as I mentioned before I'm
building a web-tier for a back-end platform that's not web oriented.

 Regards,
Michael