On Friday, May 25, 2012 4:23:02 PM UTC+2, Jens wrote:

>  The GWT compiler just pulls in any of your source files you have made
> visible using <source> / <super-source> in your module.gwt.xml and compiles
> it. So you won't save time in dev mode or during compilation.

Actually even the contrary! The more JARs and directories you add to your
classpath, the more time it needs to find a class/resource in it. (it's
negligible here however, with only a single dependency).
I know someone made a modified gwt-maven-plugin that first unpacks every
dependency in a single temporary directory and launching GWT with only that
directory, gwt-user.jar and gwt-dev.jar in the classpath; he hasn't
contributed it though (but said he likely would, IIRC).