I've been looking for an easy way to include an AdSense DIV in my GWT app
without using an iframe and my current approach is as follows:

(1) In the application host page (i.e. application.html), I include the
standard adsense boiler code and put a @id on the wrapping div like:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "xx-xxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
/* OpenDDI 468x60 */
google_ad_slot = "xxxxxxxxxx";
google_ad_width = 468;
google_ad_height = 60;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src=
"http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js";>
</script>

(2) To integrate this as a Widget in the GWT application (for example in
the header), I rewrap it in an HTML widget that I can then position/control
at will:

Element adsense = RootPanel.get("adsense").getElement();
HTML adsenseWrapper = HTML.wrap(adsense);

Can someone feedback on

   - whether this complies with Google policies (as it is not wrapped in an
   iframe and essentially loads when the application page loads)?
   - would there be any way to rotate the app by calling the embedded
   javascript (likewise in compliance with policies)?

thanks

*K