Hey all...

I was trying to find a way to substitute my own subclass of
SuggestOracle.Request in a SuggestBox implementation.  This seems
impossible, as the creation of the Request object happens deep in the
bowels of the SuggestBox framework.

This is a problem - basically, we have a case where we want to add a "Show
More" line to a list of suggestions.  Eg:

[fred]
Fred1
Fred2
Fred3
Show More...

I can add the "Show More" as a Suggestion, and subclass Suggestion so that
it contains the metadata identifying it as a "special" value.

However, when I click on it, the Request object that the SuggestBox
framework creates is a plain one, with only a String query and an int limit.

What I'd *like* is for any associated metadata I've added to the Suggestion
subclass to be included in the Request object that is generated; even a
reference to the original Suggestion object would be fine.  But this data
is not available, so all I get is the query and the limit, and nothing else.

Has anyone ever gotten SuggestBox to work the way I want?  Substitute the
creation of the Request object with your own implementation/subclass?  It
seems a no-brainer that this would be useful, but it's not possible so far
as I can see.

- Tim