Has been a while since I used the framework, but I suspect you do not
'unlisten' events when you leave your application (see
http://code.google.com/p/gwteventservice/wiki/ConnectionHandling), your
session stays open and every time you reload the app a new listener is
registered.
Anyway I'd suggest to update to GWTEventService 1.2 (much more recent) and
ask directly in the project's group
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/gwteventservice