Hi all,

I came across Spring Roo recently and have put in a considerable amount of
research as far as whether to use it for my app or not. However, I'm
running into a couple of issues in my consideration.

1) GWT support:
  Spring Roo integration with GWT (more specifically the gwt addon for Roo
to make MVP life easier) was presented back in 2010 in the IO keynote
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQHlhIIxCIc) and in a talk by Ray Ryan
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5x6E6ze1x8) and it seemed promising.
However, in all my googling it seems like the gwt-roo presence/community
has been sorely lacking, is it just me? Is GWT still on the Roo bandwagon?
The last doc on it by gwt
(https://developers.google.com/web-toolkit/doc/latest/tutorial/roo-sts)
still references 2.1, and if you following it currently, all the STS side
stuff doesn't run properly (at least it didn't for me).

2) My app is going to be more complex than simple CRUD. Ideally, if I were
to use Roo, I would only want it to do it's "magic" for the Model/domain
layer, but leave the Presenter and View layers to me and not interfere with
them. In all my searching I couldn't find any docs referencing this
specifically (aside from some obscure blog posts which are even direct). Is
it that it's not possible or too hairy? Or am I trying to have my cake and
eat it too?

3) Finally, does the GWT community even recommend using Roo instead of just
going with RequestFactory and just writing the services yourself (for
Model/domain interaction)? Do the benefits of using Roo outweigh the
drawbacks when aiming for a more-than-CRUD app?

I love the idea of being able to declare a field in my entity and having
compile time shell create the corresponding boilerplate stuff for the model
and services communication, but not if it's going to be a huge headache
trying to set it up so that it will do that properly.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, comments, help, I know this was a
little long....I really appreciate it.

-Seth