> What could possibly help is to precompile the modules into *.gwtar files,
> but it's something that's supposed to only be used by GWT itself (you'll
> find such gwtar files in the gwt-user.jar) AFAIK. At least it's not
> designed to build "libraries", as the gwtar files depend on the version of
> GWT that produced them (IIUC).

I've found that pre-compiling gwtar files has a negligible impact on
overall compilation time, as most of the processing time is spent during
the CompilePerms phase. Granted, this is dependent on the project
architecture, but it seems unlikely that this will be a silver bullet for
reducing overall compilation time (at least in its current state).