Christian,

My team has spent the last month porting our large GWT application over to
OSGi. Allow me to share:

We too need to load many GWT entry points and show a consolidated home page
showing the currently available modules. However, rather than using
Activities and Places to get the browser to see the modules, we dynamically
registered a new context on the OSGi native container. We also used the
module *rename-to* option to map com.longpkg.module.client.Module to
/module.

A new GWT module is deployed as a service bundle (the backend Java) and the
GWT css/img/js as a fragment. When a new GWT module is deployed, the
service registers itself and also an ApplicationInfo object. The
ApplicationInfo object has information such as the context name, like *
module_b*. This context is registered as a servlet to serve up the GWT
static content and the RPC servlets are registered below it (*
/module_b/myRpcServlet*).

Finally, the home page calls a servlet to get the list of current
registered modules by returning all registered ApplicationInfo objects and
draws them to the page. The OSGi beauty if of course that by turning
modules on/off, the links automatically appear/disappear from the home
page. And, if a user attempts a link to an unregistered context (i.e.
removed) then they just get forwarded back to the landing page.

Sing out with any other OSGi GWT issues, I thought we were the only people
out there doing this. ;)

Sincerely,
Joseph