This has actually been reported a few days ago:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=7661, and in
the comments on the wiki page.
GWT is built against 4.1.0 Final and depends on Hibernate Validator
internals (NodeImpl, PathImpl implementations, etc.), so I'd suggest you
stick to that version, at least for compiling your client code (you could
use 4.2.0 GA on the server-side for instance).