(d) no release of GWT has ever broken SmartGWT.  We don't rely on much from
GWT other than Java->JavaScript translation, so there is little room for
something to break.

(c) This may refer to breakage from customizations like modifying a
component's DOM or overriding internals.  In SmartGWT we have documented
extension points, and if they break, we consider it a bug and fix it

(e) We provide nightly builds at smartclient.com/builds, so there is never
a delay.

(a), (b) [performance stuff] We focus on optimizing for enterprise
applications, where first-time-ever page load is not much of a concern
because the users repeatedly return to the app and use it for longer
sessions.  Similarly we focus on reducing trips to the server and/or
database since this is usually the bottleneck in an enterprise application.
 A deeper discussion of this is in the SmartGWT QuickStart Guide,
"Evaluating SmartGWT" chapter.

In a nutshell:
- your experience with Sencha breakage doesn't apply to SmartGWT
- carefully consider what will actually drive performance for end users.
 If you heavily optimize the wrong thing, your users will have a slow
application.